With Mother’s Day around the corner there are so many ways that you can to market to mom’s to bring them back for updated photos or gain new clients for your business! If you haven’t already mapped out what you’ll be offering this Mother’s Day, here are few ideas to get your wheels turning:
- Mom & Me Mini’s – Offer mini sessions in your studio or a fun location to do portraits of moms with their kids! Keep it simple, one outfit and one location. For more tips on having successful mini sessions, check out this post by Sarah Petty!
- Run a special the weeks up to Mother’s Day for husbands to purchase as a gift for their wives. What mom wouldn’t love an updated family photo session?
- Team up with another business in your area to create a fun package for mom. Maybe a clothing boutique can offer a gift card to bundle with yours or a florist can add an arrangement.
- Put together a mom’s day out in your studio or a business you’ve teamed up with. Invite other local small business owners who offer products you think they’ll love. Have some snacks, giveaways, and specials or services that night to offer to those who come!
- On that same note, if you don’t want to host an event you can always do an Instagram loop contest with other businesses to offer fun giveaways and gain new followers.
- If you are a boudoir photographer, create offers in the weeks up to Mother’s Day as a way for mom to treat herself to a day of pampering.
These are just a few of the ways you can drum up some business this spring. But how do you get the word out? There are a few ways to do this. If you’ve teamed up with other businesses, make sure everyone is promoting on their social media and to their email lists. In Iris, you can group those clients together that are families who have been to you before, then export those emails and put them into a mass email marketing service like Mailchimp or Madmimi to send them the information. You can also create a Facebook ad targeting local mom groups or that have liked certain pages to get in front of new clients. Get creative in how you get the word out!
What are some ways that you’ve marketed for Mother’s Day in the past?
Are you ready to get your business organized? Sign up for a free trial with Iris Works!