How many of you out there are sending questionnaires to your clients before weddings? Questionnaires are one of the most important things you can do before a wedding day with your clients! They will not only save you time, but will help you see what is most important to your clients and make sure there aren’t red flags.
Here are 30 questions you need to be asking your wedding couples on their questionnaires:
- Where are the bride and groom getting ready? (include addresses)
- Is hair and makeup team coming to you or are you going to a salon?
- What time is the bride’s hair and makeup scheduled to start?
- Do you plan on doing a first look?
- If so, do you know where would like that to happen?
- Do you have any spots in mind where you would like to do wedding party and bride and groom photos?
- How many people are in your wedding party?
- Do you have any “must-have” photographs? (Specific poses beyond what is typically captured on a wedding day. We do not guarantee any photographs, but we will make it a priority to capture the shots listed.)
- Where is your ceremony taking place? (include address)
- What time will your ceremony start time and how long do you expect it to last?
- Are there any specific rules to be aware of for your ceremony?
- Are you doing a receiving line after your ceremony?
- Are you doing a formal exit from the ceremony? If so, what type?
- What type of transportation will you have between ceremony and reception (if in different location)?
- Where is your reception, if different? (include address)
- Will you be having a cocktail hour?
- What time do you need to be at your reception for introductions?
- What is the order of events at your reception?
- Are you having sit down, buffet, or family-style dinner?
- Are there any special/unusual parts of your wedding day that we should be aware of?
- What are the bride’s parents’ names and what is their marital status?
- What are the groom’s parents’ names and what is their marital status?
- How many siblings do you each have?
- Are there any special family circumstances that we should be aware of? (divorces, deaths, dramas, etc)
- Are there any additional family groupings you would like during family photo time outside of the immediate family list we capture? (Keep in mind this may add 2-3 minutes per pose to setup.)
- Are there any additional family or friend groupings you would like us to get at the reception?
- Are you working with a planner? If so, what is their name and contact number?
- Who is your DJ or band?
- Do you have a videographer? If so, what is their name?
- Do you have a wedding hashtag?
By creating these questionnaires, you can easily gather all of their information for their wedding day from start to finish.This will make it a lot easier to put together a timeline draft and make sure there aren’t any scheduling issues before the big day.
What other questions do you like to ask your wedding couple before their big day?